The NWDA required an evaluation of it's investment in Knowsley Works – Local Labour in Construction, Knowsley JET Services and Enterprise Development Project - in line with the RDA Impact Evaluation Framework (IEF).
The objectives were to:
- provide robust evidence on the impact of the interventions (both direct and strategic activities), assessing how they have contributed to key target outcomes that would not otherwise have been achieved;
- determine how far the project/programme has achieved its objectives;
- identify the lessons from the interventions for wider dissemination;
- understand what continued need there is for the project/programme;
- identify relevant good practice from elsewhere to inform future investment.
In order to meet these objectives the team provided:
- a quantitative analysis of the factors in an "additionality logic chain";
- a distributional assessment of the impacts;
- an analysis of the programme and projects effectiveness;
- a summary of the lessons learned;
- a re-appraisal of the business case;
- an appraisal of the NWDA's "strategic added value";
- an analysis of cost-effectiveness;
- a review of good practice.